Nothing relaxes like a hot bath after a stressful day. Baths soothe aching muscles and create an overall sense of calmness.
Coconut oil’s antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties are known to help with a variety of skin diseases and irritations
What You Need
• 2 cups of LouAna coconut oil
• Zest of one organic lime (you can also use some minced peppermint leaves)
• 15-20 drops of peppermint essential oil
• Silicone mold
1. If your coconut oil isn’t already in a liquid state, melt it on the stove in a small sauce pan – heating just until it’s melted.
2. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
3. Zest your lime.
4. Place your silicone mold onto a cookie sheet to give it some stability, then sprinkle the lime zest into the bottom of each cavity of your silicone mold.
5. Pour your coconut oil and essential oil mixture over the top of the zest, being careful not to overfill the cavities.
6. Transfer to the refrigerator for 45 minutes, or until the bath melts are solidified.
7. Pop your bath melts out of the mold and transfer them to a large mason jar or other glass container.
8. Store in the refrigerator to prevent melting, especially in the hot summer months.
9. Pop one or two bath melts into your bath, and be taken away to a tropical place while you nourish your skin.
The easiest way to enjoy the benefits of coconut oil for skin is to simply drop a spoonful into a warm bath and let it melt as you relax. But if you enjoy luxurious bath-time enhancers, you should definitely give this bath melts a try.