If you haven’t heard of exfoliating your lips before you are not alone. When it comes to your lips, we often give more importance to hydrating them. But here’s the thing you, do need to exfoliate your lips regularly to maintain a healthy, smooth pout.
A lip scrub helps to slough off dead, chapped skin and helps your lip balm penetrate deeper into the skin. The result? Supple, rosier and healthier lips.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on purchasing expensive scrubs from the market when you can simply make a lip scrub at home with a few ingredients that you’ll easily find in your kitchen cabinet.
Coconut And Honey Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lukewarm water
- Start by mixing the coconut oil and honey.
- Add the brown sugar and the lukewarm water to this mixture.
- Rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for two to three minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Why This Works
Coconut oil is filled with antioxidants and fatty acids that nourish the skin, while the brown sugar acts as a natural exfoliator that helps remove dead, dry skin. Honey is rich in natural healing properties.
Also check out Kourtney Kardashian’s all natural lip scrub.